FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring a Global Field Application Scientist Manager - Discovery Research. The Global Field Application Scientist Manager- Discovery Research will lead/manage regionally deployed Field Applications Scientist (FAS) in achieving both short-term and long-term company goals. Develop and lead a highly technical team to support the overall sales organization with an ultimate goal of product adoption and revenue generation
External US Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and developing a FAS team that continuously provides excellent applications support, creates product value, and ensures an exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and on boarding new FAS hires, ensures all requirements are completed, and address any gaps.
- Ensure FAS are meeting their individual and regional goals and review tracking systems, implement countermeasures as required.
- Work closely with District/ Area managers to align on key strategic commercial objectives
- Act as a technical liaison between the FAS team and the internal technical groups to bridge possible gaps in technical information/ messaging.
- Identifying relevant technical application field needs to better support the sales organization
- Support the FAS team members in their presentations at customer sites, trade shows, and technical seminars. This includes reviewing content and evaluating presentation skills and communication clarity of each team members.
- Support FAS team in participating in the review or generation of technical documents such as posters, customer facing slide decks, PABs and literature.
- Ensure the team is tracking and documenting all customer technical complaints into current CRM.
- Provide feedback to inside personnel on technical application changes in the marketplace and competitive intelligence.
- Communicating product ideas, applications, and unmet markets, based on Voice of Customers
- Completing all reports and any additional paperwork required in a timely fashion.
- Working within travel and expense guidelines.
- Attending tradeshows and participating in marketing efforts.
- PhD. in a Life Science from four-year accredited college or university; plus 3-5 years related commercial experience in Technical Applications, Research and Development, preferably associated with Disease Modeling, Drug Discovery, or Stem Cell Biology.
- Leadership and management skills appropriate to lead a team (3 - 5 individuals) expected to achieve company and market goals, both short-term and long-term (opportunity evolution to secure 'future' business).
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of competitor products in the drug discovery space.
- Intermediate to high level experience in a technical environment.
- Self-starter with can-do attitude & ability to prioritize business critical activities.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.