FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring for a Global Field Application Scientist Manager-Life Sciences. The Global Field Application Scientist Manager-Life Sciences will Lead/manage regionally deployed and Field Application Scientists (FAS) in achieving both short-term and long-term company goals and the specific placement and development of designated 'strategically-important' products, services, and capabilities
External US Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and distributors (via phone, email, customer visits)
- Developing and continuously adjusting a detailed plan that provides the sales team with the strategy and tactics to lead them to success
- Leverage strong structured problem-solving skills to identify and resolve customer need
- Communicate with the sales organization to ensure all business needs are met.
- Provide voice of customer to internal teams on product performance, implementation, and development areas, identify training and documentation gaps.
- Author, edit, and/or review technical documentation (e.g., papers/posters) related to specific products or company capabilities
- Giving feedback to inside personnel on changes in the marketplace and competitive information.
- Provide input on new product ideas; participate in market assessments for proposed products
- Assist with training the selling organization on the Life Science product portfolio.
- Assisting with hiring, training, and deployment of new FAS personnel.
- Attending tradeshows and participating in marketing efforts.
- Prepares monthly reports for Sales Leadership
- BS in Biology, Biochemical Engineering or related Life Sciences discipline. MS or PhD is desirable. Working knowledge of c-GMP regulations and agency guidelines.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in either: a biotech/biopharma/vaccine company in late-stage R&D and/or Process Development for Upstream Bioprocessing or a Media development and supply company, being directly involved in an analogous FAS role and/or customer-engaged media optimization/custom product development activities.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years' experience working within the biotech/biopharma sector.
- Candidate should have experience managing an R&D, Formulation or FAS team
- Advanced level of cell culture science, bioprocess, and general 'technical marketing' techniques.
- Strong technical skills
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating, and training scientific concepts, applications and methods.
- Highly motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and adjust quickly.
- Travel expectations up to 50%
- Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds.
- Overnight travel up as needed to achieve the business objectives
- Customer focused/Strong networking skills
- Well organized
- Ability to work with others and independently as required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.