FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan.
We are hiring a Research Scientist for our Bioproduction group that will collaborate with our Innovation Group to optimize next generation technologies. The Research Scientist will lead the development of new products and improvement of existing products and services relating to cell biology research, medica formulations, bio production equipment/instruments, and process improvements.
External US Responsibilities:
- Perform cell culture experiments related to the development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support and/or process improvements
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Perform various chemical/biological assays
- Perform data analysis and experimental design
- Prepare formal reports and presentations
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Troubleshoot equipment and experimental problems
- Maintain Good Laboratory Practices and Procedures
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological or Chemical Science or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to performe a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Proficient in interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficient in written and oral communication skills; also able to plan and deliver presentations
- Efficient customer service skills in the best interest of both customer and company
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- General knowledge and understanding of bioreactors a plus
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.