The New England School of Acupuncture seeks adjunct clinical faculty to deliver high quality clinical supervision and evaluation for the acupuncture program. The selected candidate will have responsibilities supervising graduate student interns in their clinical placements. Supervision of the care of patients will include overseeing diagnosis and treatment planning, point location, needling, and palpatory skills.
- Delivers supervision in a Clinical setting and provides experiential clinical instruction in person and/or via telemedicine in the acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine clinics.
- Provide an engaging active learning environment for students
- Provide students with periodic informal as well as formal evaluations of their progress toward meeting placement objectives
- Apply grading policies fairly and consistently
- Adhere to preceptor guidelines, provided by the Director of Clinical Education, which include placement objectives and learning outcomes, supervision methodology, attendance policies in line with those of MCPHS, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria
- When requested, uses the University's learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Provides services related to student mentoring, ongoing placement development, and assessment
- Maintains all credentialing required by the placement setting, and complies with all placement setting onboarding and training requirements
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of Clinical Education
- Current licensure in acupuncture in Massachusetts
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in acupuncture and/or Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Commitment to acupuncture education and student success
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels
- Prior teaching experience preferred
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here.Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption. About Us
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community members' unique experiences and perspectives add value to our ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service, and employee experience possible. MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.