PT Instructor Pool - Small Business Entrepreneurship
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
January 27, 2022
Salary depends upon workload.
School of BAA_Entrepreneurship
Madison College is recruiting a pool of qualified part-time candidates to teach courses for the Small Business Entrepreneur program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2022-2023 academic school year. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided. For all internal candidates who are interested in transferring or promoting to this position please review the transfer and promotion policy located in the Madison College Employee Handbook.
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College - it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for instruction in the Small Business Entrepreneur program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean - School of Business and Applied Arts.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Instructs students in the Small Business Entrepreneurship program which may include, but not be limited to the following curriculum areas: Operations Management, Small Business Marketing/Promotion, Small Business Development & Planning, and Internships.
2. Develops and plans appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Assists and advises students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
4. Evaluates student performance and provides regular feedback in courses taught by the instructor.
5. Assists students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
6. Actively works with other personnel to develop strategies for student recruitment, retention, and success. This includes developing strategies aimed at the recruitment and retention of minority students.
7. Develops and maintains curriculum in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student delivery needs in collaboration with department/ division staff; participates in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs and other divisions of instruction.
8. Complies with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and academic advising, etc.
9. Maintains certification as an instructor with the Wisconsin Technical College System.
10. Complies with all aspects of Board policies, work rules, and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
11. Attends division and department meetings.
12. Participates in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
13. Demonstrates a commitment to the college values of excellence, respect and integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of the role of small business in today's society, current organizational structures, management philosophies and processes as well as new and emerging business trends impacting small businesses including international/global business, e-business, social networking, etc.
2. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including online delivery, active learning models, learning management systems and other alternative flexible delivery methods.
3. Demonstrated ability in business acumen, planning, innovation, creativity and collaboration.
4. Skill in the use of computers for business applications and analysis.
5. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds and persons with physical and/or learning disabilities.
6. Skill in oral and written communications.
7. Ability to interact with business, industry and community organizations to establish partnerships.
8. Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies and incorporate them into the curriculum.
1. Master's degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, or a business-related field.
2. Two (2) years or 4,000 hours of related work experience in small business ownership/management positions which include increasing levels of responsibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, or a business-related field.
2. Three (3) years or 6,000 hours of related work experience in small business ownership/management positions which include increasing levels of responsibility.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all PT Instructor positions at the College. You will be considered as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position if/when the need arises. By posting these positions, there is no guarantee that Madison College will actually be hiring for this position.
Part-time Instructors are hired on a per course basis each semester, and teaching one semester does not guarantee assignment for the following semester. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes.
If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy). Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. Submission and receipt of this material does not infer acceptance as a part-time instructor or guarantee an interview. This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2023. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college's nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/District/PT-Instructor-Pool---Small-Business-Entrepreneurship_R0002387
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-6316d2a032fb0e4aaa3f9f6ce998295d