SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- Effective 8/10/22 Galen College of Nursing is offering a $1000 sign on bonus for candidates with an MSN degree or higher and teaching experience at the San Antonio Campus!
Weekend and Evening Courses are available and may be required for Full-Time Faculty Teaching Experience is not required to be considered! Introduction
- Offer made before September 1, 2022.
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.Benefits
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Break weeks between quarters
- Discounted Tuition for Galen's MSN - Nursing Education Program
- Flexible Scheduling
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!Position Overview
Galen College of Nursing is looking for Adjunct(Part-Time) Nursing faculty are responsible for facilitating learning and learner development; using assessment and evaluation strategies; participating in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participating in evaluation of student learning and program outcomes; and functioning within the educational environment. This role must be fulfilled in accordance with rules and regulations of the state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies.Responsibilities:
- Creates an environment that facilitates students' learning and achievement of desired student learning and program outcomes.
- Implements a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs, desired learner outcomes, content, and context.
- Uses information technologies and eLearning technologies to support the teaching-learning process.
- Provides resources to students that help meet their individual learning needs.
- Helps students develop as nurses and integrate the values and behaviors expected of those who fulfill that role.
- Serves as a faculty advisor to assist students in short-term program and goal achievement and long-range career planning.
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing.
- Participates in the analysis of student assessment and evaluation data.
- Uses evaluation methods that reflect established professional practice and practice competencies.
- Uses evaluation methods that measure the achievement of course student learning outcomes (CSLOs).
- Uses tools for assessing clinical practice.
- Ensures that the curriculum incorporates established professional standards, guidelines, and competencies; and reflects current nursing and healthcare trends and prepares graduates to function effectively in the healthcare environment.
- Participates in the review of the curriculum to ensure integrity, rigor, and currency.
- Encouraged to attend College and campus functions.
- Encouraged to participate in governance activities.
- Conducts office hours as outlined in the Faculty Handbook .
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Unencumbered Nursing License in this state
- Must have an MSN or currently be enrolled in an MSN program.
- Must have 2 years as an RN in Community Public Health.
If performing nursing duties related to clinical instruction (especially patient contact) hazards may include needle sticks, blood and bodily fluid exposure, or any other hazard a Registered Nurse (RN) might be exposed to in the normal performance of nursing care. Position requires mental activity, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision making. Physical demands in the classroom and office are minimal and are considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner occurs on a frequent basis. Physical demands in the clinical area may include lifting, pulling, pushing,
kneeling, stooping, crouching, bending, or any other related activity to patient care. Position requires regular attendance, and may require evening or weekend hours, and travel to clinical sites and extended classrooms.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.