Are you a nurse who is passionate about being an integral part of educating the next generation of nurses? Have you been dreaming about being part of an organization who really cares about people and really focuses on changing healthcare outcomes? We are looking for Master and Doctorate prepared nurses to teach clinical instruction to the nation's future nurses.
The Assistant Professor is responsible for innovative facilitation, dynamic delivery, and efficient evaluation of the nursing curriculum. The Assistant Professor uses their valuable expertise to implement and evaluate the nursing program on an ongoing basis. In addition, faculty contribute to the future of nursing by advising learners, participating in curriculum development, and performing program evaluations. Assistant Professors facilitate learning in a variety of settings to include didactic, clinical, simulation, as well as participate in other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the school and nursing program. The Assistant Professor functions as a valued team member within the nursing faculty.Performance
- Responsible for teaching and evaluating learners in the Practical Nursing, Baccalaureate and Master's Degree Nursing Programs.
- Facilitates learning in the various settings to include didactic, clinical, simulation, or skills lab, evaluation of learner achievement, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the Program.
- Maintains proficiency in online delivery of concept-based nursing education.
- Embodies the College's frameworks in all interactions with learners, collaborators, and partners.
- Contributes to institutional accreditation activities.
- Accountable for successful attainment of key performance indicators (KPIs).
- May carry additional teaching load outside of primary assignment.
- May be required to travel to support learning activities.
- Maintains expertise in nursing education and awareness of current trends in nursing practice and healthcare.
- Either has an earned Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential or commits to obtaining this certification within a one-year period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years' experience in clinical nursing.
- Two years teaching experience in post-secondary professional nursing program.
- One year experience in delivery of Concept Based Nursing Education.
- One year of distance education experience.
- Experience supervising clinical education activities.
- Clinical and didactic education expertise.
- Familiarity with learning management software, Canvas preferred.
- Proficiency in modern technology platforms and ability to quickly adapt to various software.
*****This position is on the ground teaching students at the experiential learning site in Logan, UT and is NOT a remote teaching role.*****
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
- Current unencumbered RN or APRN in the state of residence.
- Ability to obtain licensure as required by the College in multiple states.
This position is required to attend new employee orientation in person in Salt Lake City, Utah for one week.
Nightingale's commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected both in our learners and collaborators because we believe the best outcomes for learners from underserved and diverse populations are achieved through collaborators with similar backgrounds and cultures. Nightingale College is an equal opportunity employer.Our Mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
At Nightingale College, our Innovative Education model helps transform rural health landscapes through our blended-distance learning platform. Every person involved with Nightingale College helps to change lives of our learners, our communities and ultimately the world by adding to the quality of healthcare. We are proud to have graduated over 1,000 nurses serving communities in need. We are serious about our outcomes and have a little bit of fun getting there.
The professional and personal development of our learners and our collaborators is our company's foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education. We're so happy that you've found us!