Laboratory Technical Assistant I-College of Sciences, Neuroscience Development & Regenerative BiologyLocation:
San Antonio, TXRegular/Temporary:
Full TimeOrg Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on USTA Today or on Twitter
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/30/2022. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.This position is grant funded and contingent upon funding availability Salary
Salary Range: $31,200 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.Hours per Week
Non-Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter RequiredEssential Functions
Function: To provide assistance in medical/research laboratory.
Scope: Responsible for the performance of routine repetitive tasks in the preparation of laboratory supplies.
Job Duties may include any one or more of the following:
- Performs standard laboratory experiments (IHC, PCR, Electrophoresis, Maxi-prep).
- Embeds and prepares sections by cutting frozen or embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry.
- Microscopy: bright-field microscopy, fluorescence microscopy and confocal microscopy.
- Collects and records data in a laboratory notebook and performs mathematical tasks involved in summarizing results of experiments (may include statistical, numerical or multivariate analysis, operation of calculator or adding machine and related clerical functions).
- Mouse colony maintenance (breeding, genotyping)
- Prepares chemical compounds, reagents and culture media.
- Assembles and operates laboratory equipment.
- Performs general laboratory duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
- Personal computer and equipment used in the laboratory assigned.
- Six months of expereince working in a wet lab (biology) environment and experience doing immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy is highly desired.
- Effective communication, good manual dexterity; self-motivated.
This position will be primarily located: On Campus:
Primary work location will be on campus Additional Information This position is grant funded and contingent upon funding availability
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0476a7a3a8cd3645b250c047f843466f
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioinformatic, biophysics, bioprocess, bioprocessing, enzyme, msat, neuro, nutrition, parenteral