IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to bind more strongly to targets on the surface of cells than comparable IgG antibodies. We believe our proprietary IgM antibody technology platform is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, targeted cytokines, and target neutralizers.
Our lead product candidate, Imvotamab, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3 proteins, and it is currently in two Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of relapsed and/or refractory diffuse large B cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with relapsed and/or refractory solid and hematologic malignancies, and it is currently in a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354 and IGM-2644. IGM-7354 is an anti-PD-L1 IgM antibody that targets the delivery of interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to the area of PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies. IGM-2644 is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD38 and CD3 proteins for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist (depending on experience) with a strong background in Immuno-oncology or Immunology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and creative scientist with hands-on experience in immunology, oncology, animal models and work productively as part of a team. Extensive experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry and immune cell-based in vitro and ex vivo assays is a plus. This role requires leading programs through conducting proof-of-concept in vitro and in vivo studies to evaluate cancer immune therapeutics, advance therapeutic candidates from early discovery to IND-enabling studies.
* 8+ years Ph.D. or 15+ years MS in immunology/oncology with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience
* Experience working with in vitro and in vivo models for proof-of-concept studies. Ability to establish mechanistic in vitro, ex vivo immune cell-based assays with primary immune cells from human and relevant animal species.
* Understanding of and ability to execute in vivo models with the ability to select relevant models for mechanistic and efficacy studies.
* Initiate, propose, plan, and manage study execution at external CROs, and data interpretation
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
* Able to commute to Mountain View
* Lead the pharmacology aspects of immuno-oncology drug discovery and development from target validation to IND-enabling studies
* Prepare or draft preclinical research reports and preclinical IND sections, regulatory filings
* Work closely with collaborators and CROs during the preclinical discovery and development stages
* Accountable for project strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up timely
* Presentation of results at internal and external meetings
* Train and supervise direct reports
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, and family-like work environment.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
* Medical, dental and vision insurance.
* The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
* FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
* STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 11 holidays
* Cell phone & internet subsidy
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Annual training budget for professional development
* Commuter Benefit
* Annual bonus program
* New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.