* PhD in Condensed Matter Physics, or related discipline
* Demonstrated experience in cryogenic THz near-field microscope
* Demonstrated experience in near-field imaging and spectroscopy
* Good written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* A good understanding of the physics of Strongly Correlated Materials, Low-Dimensional Material, Topological Material, Superconductor, Magnetic Materials
* A solid set of skills on characterizing light-matter interactions in topological materials, or strongly correlated electron systems, including superconducting materials using scanning optics
* Familiarity with the main features of the closed-cycle or continuous flow optical cryostat and scanning probes
* A track record of publishing in high-impact journals related to quantum materials
BNL policy requires that after obtaining their PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness or other life-changing events.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Work Arrangements
* Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
* Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
The CMPMSD has an opening for a postdoctoral research associate to support and expand its research in spectroscopy characterization of quantum materials. The position will be in the Advanced Energy Materials group. However, it is important that successful candidate be able to work independently, collaborate with a team of scientists, both theorists and experimentalists, within the group and CMPMSD.