Spectacular is an early-stage ventured backed startup founded by UC Berkeley alums. We are bringing together a team of extraordinary engineers and scientists with diverse backgrounds in biology, physics, and AI. Our team is solving the challenging problem of detecting, predicting, and identifying the source of pathogen outbreaks weeks before it happens.
Each year, in the US alone, millions of people fall ill from foodborne illnesses, and hundreds of billions of dollars and pounds of food go to waste. We are reducing food waste, improving food safety, and saving time and money, especially for small-medium food producers and farmers.
Currently, we are looking for a highly talented and motivated product engineer to join us in pushing the boundaries of lab automation and ultra-low concentration pathogen detection.Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing and developing prototypes and components
- Work with both colleagues and external collaborators from a diverse range of disciplines.
- Design, validate and continuously improve mechanical, optical, and fluidic systems;
- B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline; M.Sc., or Ph.D. a plus
- Experience in supporting the development and launch of new products into the market preferred
- Experience with microfluidics, optics, and life science instrumentation.
- Strong desire to work with a small but diverse team in a fast-paced startup.