Start a new career at TheOhio State University Wexner Medical Center
as aNurse Manager of Endoscopy and Gastroenterology
!Do you want a career that offers phenomenal benefits? We also offer:
- Tuition Assistance for employees and qualified dependents
- Outstanding retirement program
- Get the most out of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Check out all the benefits we have to offer at https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing required, Master's degree in Nursing or related field is preferred. Current Ohio RN license.
- Minimum of three years RN clinical experience and two years management experience in relevant care setting required.
- Holds a current certification in nursing administration or area of clinical expertise; or certification must be achieved within the timeline of eligibility. Prior leadership and management experience required.
TheNurse Manager of Endoscopy and Gastroenterology
oversees plans, organizes, manages and evaluates patient care operations for a designated area(s) on a 24-hour basis as needed; plans and develops strategic short, mid- and long-term goals and processes to enhance and improve the operations of the unit to support the Medical Center's mission, vision and values; evaluates and identifies achievements and problems in meeting goals; manages, guides, coaches, and evaluates the work performance of patient care staff in a designated area; promotes and ensures ongoing collaboration with other patient care departments and areas that relate directly or indirectly to patient care operations and services; develops, administers and manages unit budget plans; identifies, plans and initiates cost saving initiatives; participates in development of evidence-based standards of practice; identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care and organizational processes; assumes leadership in identifying and correcting factors contributing to problematic outcomes.Scope of Position:
The Ohio State University Medical Center's mission is focused on integrating quality patient care, education, and research; theNurse Manager of Endoscopy and Gastroenterology
leads a team of professional health care providers cultivating collaboration, enthusiasm, and mutual respect; creates and facilitates an environment that supports the nursing professional practice model; functions as a key member of the health care team that provides patient care and supportive services in an in-patient setting directed towards achievement of positive patient care outcomes, maximizing patient's involvement in his/her own plan of care, improving service levels, reducing length of hospitalization, and decreasing costs; ensures patients and their families will experience the benefits of patient-focused care through the integrated skills of all care team members. The span of control for this position is based on unit capacity, unit complexity, and FTE oversight. Span of control will be based on the current evidence that supports patient satisfaction, quality and safety as well as staff engagement and resilience.***All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.