Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Want to be part of a dynamic, fun, and entertaining work environment?
Want to have access to the Entertainment Capital of L.A?
Look no further, at Universal Studios Hollywood our Business Analytics and Industrial Engineering Team lets you work with departments all across the park by supporting the improvement efforts currently scheduled, and creating new and more efficient methods, allowing you to encounter and experience the whole park with almost no restrictions.
You will work with Team members of all levels including some of our Senior VP's, providing you the opportunity to demonstrate your projects to all affected teams across the board while allowing you to develop a network with endless possibilities.
This role will deliver real improvements that positively impact the company's financials and growth. The opportunities at USH are wide and always growing, and with parks all around the globe there's no better place to start.
The question now is where will you fit in?
As an Associate Industrial Engineer you would help solve problems like:
How to improve processes across Universal Studios Hollywood by aiding in determining the most efficient ways to best utilize data, people, machines, materials and information to provide world class service.
How to pull data to from numerous sources and leverage Python, Minitab and other data tech to make sense of data and create insights.
How to use IE tools and quantitative methods to impact company's bottom-line across all business functions.
What will you do?
* You will develop and execute data collection studies and obtain data using database query tools in order to perform data mining and data analysis using statistical tools and methodologies.
* You will facilitate and lead productivity and efficiency related analyses. Evaluate and improve methods and procedures for the various operational processes
* You will aid in the development of business cases & presentations to be presented from front line stakeholders to executive leadership
* You will perform other duties as assigned.
• You are a quick learner who finds tedious work boring and would rather automate it
• You have excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
• You are energetic, strong communicator, highly motivated who likes to build relationships
• You get fascinated by new technology and like to explore it or make your own tool or find a new way to address problems
• You love freedom and are capable of self-direction and delivering results fast
• You are flexible and you have an open mind about fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• You are innovative and clear thinker who loves challenges and can solve problems efficiently and effectively
• You like math, statistics, regression, linear programing and Lean tools
• You are able to prioritize effectively and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• You have knowledge of analytical Software such as JMP, Minitab and Python
• You have minimum 1 to 3 years of work experience in related fields
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Finance, or related fields
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.