Central Washington University (CWU), Department of Accounting invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Accounting beginning in September 2023. Candidates with teaching interests in all areas of accounting will be considered. The College of Business provides excellent resources for research. CWU has access to WRDS and has the following subscriptions: CRSP, Compustat, Capital IQ, BoardEx, FISD, and ISS (Carbon emissions, Voting analysis, ESG data, Director data, Corporate Governance scores). In addition, CWU has excellent library resources.
CWU is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates apply. The selected candidate will demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment that includes teaching, advising, and mentoring first generation and BIPOC students.
The Department of Accounting has 9 full-time faculty members and offers an attractive teaching load with small classes and a close-knit teaching environment. The Department hosts the second largest undergraduate accounting program in the State of Washington using live classroom, blended, televised and online formats. CWU offers the undergraduate accounting major and graduate specializations in Financial Accounting and Taxation. CWU's College of Business is accredited by AACSB-International.
Minimum Qualifications Please address in your cover letter:
- Ph.D. in accounting or related field. Strong candidates who are ABD and nearing completion of the dissertation will be considered.
- Established or potential record for research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Willingness to teach in person and distance education formats.
- Research, teaching, or service that demonstrates an ability to contribute to CWU's commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Experience working with first generation and BIPOC students in mentoring and advising.
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) is preferred
- University-level teaching experience
- Experience or interest in developing and teaching online courses
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule Salary
: Commensurate with education and experienceAppointment
: Full-Time, Tenure-Track, 9 Month Appointment. Additional Summer teaching may be available.
Central Washington University is on the quarter system with appointments from mid-September through mid-June.Benefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance. http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits Additional Information:
For additional information about the University, visit: http://www.cwu.edu
For additional information about Ellensburg, visit: http://www.myellensburg.com