South College invites capable, energetic, outgoing, applicants who are focused on transforming lives of our customers/students! At South College, you will help implement our strategy of "Where Dreams Find Direction!" We are one of the nation's fastest growing institutions of higher learning with over 6,000 students covering 7 campuses and Online learning sites. We are also one of nation's highest producers of licensed healthcare professionals offering a myriad of undergraduate and graduate healthcare programs for our students.
We are inviting applications for the position of Full Time Faculty Member with academic and professional background in Anatomy and Physiology (with Lab) and Pathophysiology at the South College Nashville Campus. This faculty member will lead courses that introduce the various structures and functional components of the human body including the characteristics of life, homeostasis, organizational levels, basic metabolism, cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, and organisms in both healthy and diseased states. Systems emphasized are the integumentary, endocrine, skeletal, muscular, nervous (including special senses), digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular, lymphatic, immune, and urinary. In addition, fluid and electrolyte balance and the reproductive system, including elementary genetics, are covered. Instruction will be delivered both during the weekday, evening (ex: 5:30-9:45 pm), and occasionally on Saturdays. Moreover, the course format may be online or on-ground depending on student need and preference.Requirements
- A minimum of an acceptable master's or doctoral degree in the discipline, or an earned master's or doctoral degree and satisfactory completion of 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline. Official, sealed transcripts will be requested from both undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Provide quality instruction in each assigned course within the approved academic program curriculum.
- Meet South College standards for classroom management, use of technology, student outreach, grade submission, and records management.
- Prepare and implement teaching and evaluation strategies for engagement of students.
- Support student success through mentoring, tutoring, and advising.
- Experience and documented excellence in postsecondary teaching.
- Additional graduate level course credits in Genetics and/or Immunology