Are you ready to pass on your truck driving knowledge? Our Truck Driving Instructor is responsible for delivering classroom theory instruction which adheres to the FMCSA regulations, range training and backing instruction, and behind-the-wheel public highway instruction in Carolina Construction School Commercial Driver programs. The content and structure of the school's training programs are supported by and adhere to the standards established by the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) and the FMCSA Entry-Level Driver Training regulation. Instructors must support the school's mission of equipping students to be "Job Ready" to bridge the gap between employers and skilled employees in the trucking industry.
Minimum Job Requirements
Must be 21 years old
· A current, valid South Carolina CDL Class A License with all necessary endorsements
· Will be required to submit an application for Truck Driver Training Instructor Permit License and be certified to teach commercial driving by the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
· Possess or be able to pass a Department of Transportation drug screen and physical.
· Three (3) or more years' experience in driving commercial vehicles and have logged at least 100,000 miles of over-the-road driving experience OR have completed a certified truck driving training school consisting of a minimum of 148 hours of instruction.
· Have no felony or any crime of moral turpitude convictions.
· Provide a ten-year driving record showing no revocations, cancellations or suspensions of driving privileges, no convictions for moving violations or accidents totaling six (6) points.
· Hold a current USDOT physical certification.
· Satisfactorily complete a certified nation-wide criminal background check
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Outstanding inter-personal skills for providing feedback, encouragement, patience, and direction to students.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Will interact with people frequently during a shift/workday.
· May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
Company DescriptionWe are a for-profit training school specializing in truck driving and heavy equipment operator training.