The College of Arts, Sciences, and Education, Department of Biology at Montana State University Northern (MSUN), invites applications for an academic-year (10-month), tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology/General Science position, anticipated to begin August 1, 2023. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses for the Biology degree program along with courses that contribute to the Education and General Education curriculum and to Nursing and Integrated Health Sciences programs. Applicants with broad disciplinary expertise that seek to develop investigations that include regions of Central Montana and the surrounding areas are especially encouraged to apply. The successful applicant's primary teaching responsibilities will consist of foundational courses and labs (e.g., majors and non-majors General Biology, Physical Geology, and Hydrology) in addition to courses determined by their area of expertise (e.g., archaeology, paleontology, microbiology, astronomy, and climate science). The duties and responsibilities of this position also include participating in scholarship and service activities; collaborating across MSU-Northern programs and with Montana University System institutions; and supporting student recruitment, retention, and progression efforts.
Effective teaching is the primary mission of this position and MSU-Northern. For more information about this program and MSU-Northern, go to www.msun.edu.
Applications received by October 4, 2022 will receive priority status.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS-Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
• PhD in Biology or a closely related field by August 1, 2023
• Demonstrated teaching experience at the post-secondary level
• Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS-Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to teach online courses and utilize other alternative delivery modes of instruction
• Demonstrated advising and mentoring of undergraduate students
• Evidence of scholarly activity
• Interest in course and curriculum development The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Biology - Associate Professor, Location: Washington, DC - 20037