Description SHIFTNo Weekends
SHIFT: THIS POSITION IS FULL TIME EVENINGS
Are you looking for a work environment as a Nurse Manager of Labor and Delivery where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Medical City Dallas today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Medical City Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Dallas, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Student Loan Repayment
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Nurse Manager of Labor and Delivery for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
* The Department Manager is responsible for all departmental functions in support of the hospital mission, vision and facility goals.
* The manager identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in customers.
* This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies, including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors.
* Is responsible for fiscal and human resource allocation based on guidelines.
* Develops plan of care for service based upon RN assessment/ re-assessment.
* Is responsible for maintaining all requirements needed to function as a staff nurse in Labor and Delivery in order to perform these duties in times of high census and or minimal staffing.
Medical City Dallas is an award-winning, 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, Texas, the medical team consists of more than 1,700 physicians, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields. Medical City Dallas offers hospitals that specialize in the care of children, women, and adults, as well as the heart and spine. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Nurse Manager of Labor and Delivery opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* If hired after 6/1/12, BSN required within 24 months of hire into RN position. Advanced degree preferred
* Five years of management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, physician relations and management of supervisory positions preferred.
* Labor and Delivery experience required.
* Must be competent in L&D clinical practice.
* Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
* Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS provider
* NRP required within 3 months of hire
* Must successfully complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring Course within 1 year of hire or provide documentation of completion of the AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.