Do you possess a curious mind and feel comfortable in a lab setting? Our client is at the cutting edge of both human and scientific achievement, and they are searching for a talented fermentation scientist to assist push the boundaries of what is conceivable. You'll support the development of new discoveries and position yourself as a leader in the area as a crucial member of their team. The top applicants will take pride in working both alone and with others, utilising best practises for data collection and interpretation, and promoting genuine innovation. If you have a passion for biotechnology, we want to here from you!
* Design and construct plasmids for strain engineering
* Analyse transformants and mutants for desired phenotypes and genotypes
* Optimise gene expression technology
* Create bacterial, yeast, fungus, and E. coli strains
* Optimise the growth conditions of microorganisms in microfluidic and other high throughput systems
* Create DNA libraries in microbes for high throughput screening; and analyse input and output with bioinformatics techniques.
* Make thorough observations, examine data, and interpret findings.
* Examine data and share findings with the team.
* Maintain thorough and timely documentation of activities.
* Organize and prioritise several assignments, developments, and due dates Work together as a team and with other teams.
* Master's degree in molecular biology, genetics, biotechnology, microbial genetics, or a related field with 3+ years of experience in the industry.
* Experience with E.coli or Bacillus or fungal or yeast molecular biology
* Experience with molecular biology principles necessary for plasmid design and building, strain engineering, and gene expression optimization
* Attention to detail in experimental operation, lab safety, and documentation;
* Excellent organisational abilities
* Ability to adapt and succeed in a quickly changing workplace
* Strong interpersonal abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Capability to troubleshoot challenging situations/experimental events