PT Instructor Pool - Adult Basic Education
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
January 29, 2021
Salary depends upon workload
School of Academic Advancement_Instruction & Transition
Madison College is recruiting a pool of highly motivated and qualified candidates to teach part time courses for the Adult Basic Education program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2021-2022 academic school year. If you possess the aspiration to help others succeed, this is an opportunity for you to positively impact the community and lives of our students. Madison College is a first-choice institution that offers exceptional educational opportunities to our students providing high-demand skills for professional and academic growth.
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College-it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for instruction in Adult Basic Education at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum; designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments; delivering instruction of high quality; assessing student learning; advising students; and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean - School of Academic Advancement.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Adult Basic Education program including but not limited to the following courses: Provide basic education/developmental/remedial instruction to under prepared students in accordance with Personal Educational Plans.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Perform such other duties as assigned by the President or designee.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the college's mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
5. Skill in the delivery of basic skills instruction to adult learners attached to 2-year occupational education programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in ESL, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Adult Education, or Special Education or
Bachelor's degree or higher with a minor (or 18+ credits) in ESL, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Adult Education, or Special Education or
Bachelor's degree or higher with a major or minor (18+ credits) in mathematics, social sciences, natural sciences or English or
Bachelor's degree or higher with DPI certification (or equivalent K-12 certification from another state) in any area taught at the Elementary Education or Secondary Education levels.
2. Two years of teaching experience at the elementary level or
two years of teaching experience at the secondary level or
two years of teaching adults at a Technical or Community College or
Two years of teaching experience in the areas of Adult Basic Education, ESL, and/or Special Education
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all Part-time Instructor positions. This posting is a pool position to collect applications for potential part-time instruction positions. Part-time Instructors are hired on a per course basis each semester, and teaching one semester does not guarantee assignment for the following semester. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes.
If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy). Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2022. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Madison College will not tolerate racism or harassment of any kind. We will provide an educational environment that preserves the safety and dignity of our students, staff and faculty. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Vice President, Human Resources, 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/District/PT-Instructor-Pool---Adult-Basic-Education_R0002332
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-9704c5d2c0636f4cb0403f936544a1df