Pacific BioLabs is an independent CRO offering cGMP/GLP testing services in toxicology, biocompatibility, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, and microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech and medical device clients. If you are up for a challenge, come join our team!
PBL has immediate openings for Analytical Chemist in the Analytical Chemistry Department. As a member of the PBL Analytical Chemistry team, you will play a vital role in developing and validating analytical methods for the detection, identification, and quantitation of both small and large molecule drug substances and products. The Analytical Chemist will develop and validate GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MS, ELISA, and/or MSD methods, provide hands-on technical assistance to maintain analytical equipment in good working order, and analyze samples supporting various projects. The position requires preparation and review of SOPs/Methods, method validation, the ability to critically review raw data with moderate supervision, generate result summaries and final reports. Candidates with experience in the operation, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment are highly desired.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ANALYTICAL CHEMIST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Developing, validating, and standardizing GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MS, ELISA or/and MSD analytical methods for isolation, detection, identification, and quantification of both drug substances and drug products of small molecules or/and large molecules.
- Review of data for technical content and regulatory compliance.
- Analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of development process under stringent quality and time requirements.
- Preparation of final reports, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures for internal and external use.
- Ensuring analytical equipment is maintained in good working order; troubleshoots and performs minor repairs as needed.
- Anticipating additional resources, consumable, and equipment requirements as needed to ensure that work can be completed within the budgeted time.
- Maintenance of a safe and orderly laboratory and insurance of compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Remaining current with the analytical chemistry literature and champions the implementation of new technology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS FOR THE ANALYTICAL CHEMIST
- At a minimum, a BSc. in Chemistry or equivalent is required. Higher degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industrial experience with hands-on experience in analytical chemistry.
- A good understanding of analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrated practical ability to develop methods for isolation, characterization, and quantification of both drug substances and drug products of small molecules or/and large molecules using conventional chromatography techniques and analytical instruments including GC, GC/MS, HPLC, ELISA, MSD or/and LC/MS.
- Must be skilled in the operation of chromatographic data acquisition and processing software packages such as Agilent ChemStation, OpenLab, and other software tools for data reduction and presentation.
- Experience with the development of bioanalytical methods is a plus.
- Excellent written, reporting, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently or under minimal supervision to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Able to lift 10 - 25 pounds.
- Experience/knowledge of cGMP/GLP procedures would be a plus.
- Candidates with hands-on experience in the operation of Sciex LC/MS/MS are preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.