Job Details Job Location
Main Campus - Milwaukee, WIPosition Type
Part TimeEducation Level
4 Year Degree Master Instructor Overview:
Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified Master Instructor for the Kellner Family Literacy Center department. The Master Instructors at the Kellner Family Literacy Centers are responsible for direct student assessment and instruction for K-12 students, progress documentation, academic progress, and attendance at all center professional development as specifically listed below. This is an hourly position with flexible afterschool and weekend hours, with 90 minutes of instructional time and 30-minute lesson planning time. The position offers virtual and face-to-face instruction.Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Qualifications:
- Administer initial literacy evaluation. This may be one of the following:
- Planning Guidelines: Analysis of recent reports and assessment and school records or other outside testing
- Literacy Levels Determination: Above (a) data plus QRI-IV & Woodcock Reading Mastery Tests-III, writing sample, interest inventory
- Comprehensive Processing & Literacy Level Evaluation: a) & b) plus language/literacy processing measures as needed (CTOPP2, TOWRE2, RAN/RAS, TORC, WRAML). This evaluation may be given jointly with the site co-coordinator or director of literacy centers
- Analyze assessment data
- Write assessment-based intervention plan including semester objectives, home extension plan, and lesson plan format to share with parents
- Adhere to common center language and strategies in student's ongoing intervention plan from semester to semester with fidelity to the CLIFFTOPS Model (Training offered)
- Submit lesson plans/home extensions on a weekly basis with lesson objectives, observations, and reflections
- Hold weekly as well as pre and post assessment conferences with parents and student
- Schedule classes according to student and parent needs
- Provide ongoing diagnostic/prescriptive instruction based on the center's program model
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Write and complete timely end of semester reports using the approved center format
- Attend Kellner Family Literacy Center parent meetings
- Participation in all scheduled professional development and three pre-session planning seminars is required
- Other duties as assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Education or Math required
- Masters of Arts or Masters of Science in Reading/Literacy, Special Education, or Speech and Language is preferred
- Classroom literacy or intervention experience preferred
- #316 Reading Teacher or in the process of obtaining #316, or equivalent
- Current Wisconsin Teaching Certification
Please submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of interest expressing a) teachingexperience, andb) evidence of effective teaching, along with two letters of recommendation. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)