For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.BASIC SUMMARY:
The individual in this position will be involved in all aspects of studies supporting the biotechnical services group. This position is hands-on with responsibilities including, but not limited to animal husbandry, animal handling and restraint, administration via various routes, clinical observations, sample collection and processing, and accurate data collection.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in vivo biotechnical and husbandry procedures including animal receipt.
- Test material administration via various routes
- Serve as Lead/Primary Technician for studies of standard complexity, including preparation of study specific forms. Mentor and train more junior staff.
- Provide quality care and health monitoring for all animals.
- Collect and process biological samples according to appropriate protocol and BOP requirements.
- Clearly and accurately record study data with ensuring it's in the appropriate order.
- Input and review electronic data entries.
- Assist with BOP review, development and improvement.
- Use BOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform all pre-study activities including labeling and setup.
- Identify and report any difficulties encountered with various aspects of study conduct as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline.
- Experience: Zero to three years related laboratory experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred.
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to coworkers and supervisors. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Basic understanding of study design and protocols.
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently firmly hold species while utilizing fine motor skills.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles, working at noise levels ranging from moderate to loud.
- The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high depending upon the species housed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to work/type at a computer.
This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after hours shift coverage, as needed.VACCINE MANDATE
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.ABOUT DISCOVERY
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.ABOUT CHARLES RIVER
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.