Program Classroom Moderator: Masters in Medical Science
The School of Health Sciences at Lasell University in Newton, Massachusetts seeks a highly motivated and collaborative individual to assume the responsibilities of a 12-month full-time position as Program Moderator for the Masters in Medical Science Program starting August 2022 appointment.
The Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) is an integrated program that offers a multi-disciplined approach to the basic medical sciences. This broad-based one-year core curriculum and degree are designed to improve and increase the competitiveness of a student's academic record to gain admissions to a professional medical school program or employment in the medical industry.
The Program Moderator is a critical member of the teaching & learning process for the Masters in Medical Science (MSMS). The successful candidate supports students in the classroom in multiple functions described below.Responsibilities:
- Setup & support the Classroom for In-Class Sessions (ICS)
- Setup Zoom conference and audio / visual equipment
- Solve Zoom and/or AV equipment issues, e.g., technical troubleshooting skills
- Facilitate Dynamic Classroom learning methodology
- Assist students with using iClicker, Canvas LMS, and other ed tech platforms
- Assist in organizing and moderating Small Group Discussions based on Instructor's guidelines
- Collect / aggregate student questions
- During ICS, help students ask questions to the Instructor on Zoom
- Before & After ICS, listen to students' questions, issues, & concerns and then communicate the questions back to the Tiber/PHSU Instructor and TA
- Meet with and provide actionable intelligence to MSMS Program Coordinator
- Working with Tiber/PHSU TA to monitor student progress & identify students at-risk
- Update the Program Coordinator on weekly basis with at-risk students & intervention / remediation steps being taken
- Support / proctor exams
- Support students during exams by helping with Examplify installation and issues
- Communicate and troubleshooting exam administration issues with Tiber/PHSU staff
- Communicate with Tiber/PHSU Instructor & TA
- Serve as a conduit for students to convey their feedback to Tiber/PHSU faculty & staff
- Alert Tiber/PHSU faculty & staff about student issues as soon as they are known, then help to resolve the issues.
- Experience using educational technology platforms used in higher ed, preferably Canvas LMS, ExamSoft, etc.
- He/she should have a degree in science, education, or a related field (preferred)
- He/she should have some teaching experience (preferred)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a science related field, Masters degree preferred
- Teaching experience
- Ability to utilize academic technologies effectively
- Ability to build relationships and act as a catalyst to support student success
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to assist, and motivate students
Given Lasell's commitment to fostering an intellectually enriching and inclusive educational environment, our expectation is that the successful candidate will demonstrate competence and sensitivity in leading, managing, and advising employees and students who are broadly diverse with regard to various aspects of identity, such as race, ethnicity, ability status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, nationality, and religion.
Lasell University offers a competitive salary and benefits package for eligible employees. This includes but is not limited to outstanding time off benefits, health, dental and vision insurance, a 403B with a matching contribution after one year of service, tuition benefits and more.APLICATION PROCESS
Cover letters should specify which course(s) the applicant is available to teach.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or religious exemption.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.