Description: Assistant/Associate or Full Professor of Psychology Tiffin University
was established in 1888 and now offers nationally accredited graduate and undergraduate degrees in Business Administration, top-notch bachelor's and master's degrees in Criminal Justice and Social Sciences, and distinctive degrees in the Arts and Sciences. All through our history, the University has nurtured a student-centered setting and a strong sense of real community for our students, faculty and staff. Tiffin University has always believed in offering the highest quality education - an education for life.
The main campus in Tiffin is a beautiful 130-acre blend of traditional historic and modern buildings that create a vibrant and warm home for an educational community. In addition to the growth in Tiffin, TU graduate and undergraduate programs are offered online and at Fremont and Toledo, Ohio. The MBA is also offered at Bucharest, Romania.
From academic programs in sports and recreation management to homeland security/terrorism, communication and management, TU offers more than 25 majors through on-campus and online learning that result in real advantages for our students. General Job Description
Tiffin University is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate or Full Professor of Psychology for on-campus classes in the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences. This position is located on Tiffin University's Main Campus in Tiffin, Ohio and will require residency in proximity to Tiffin, Ohio.
Candidates should hold a doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, sociology, forensic psychology, or a closely related discipline. ABD will be considered with a projected completion date provided. The most competitive candidates will be able to show demonstrated success in teaching at the college/university level. Evidence of scholarship in social sciences and/or criminal justice is desired. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches a full-time teaching load in the fall and spring semesters consisting primarily of on campus, undergraduate and/or graduate courses with the opportunity for summer teaching.
- Provides direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Engages in academic advising/faculty mentoring with assigned students majoring in social sciences.
- Participates in service to the university through committee membership and collaboration and service to the community through established relationships and partnerships.
- Pursues research interests and agenda in the field of psychology/social sciences.
- Employs a professional tone in all communications with students, staff, faculty, and community members.
Requirements: Qualifications for the Job Education:
Doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, sociology, forensic psychology, or a closely related discipline. Experience:
Professional experience in the fields of social, clinical, behavioral, or applied psychology, counseling, social work, social justice, forensic psychology, etc. is highly valued, along with teaching in a college and/or university setting. Other:
The academic rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) will be based on the candidate's educational and professional qualifications at the time of hiring.
The professor may teach day, evening, and/or Saturday, undergraduate and graduate courses, in psychology, sociology, counseling, and/or forensic psychology. The candidate may also have the opportunity to teach online courses in these disciplines. Expected Key Competencies (Organizational Fit)
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration across the University
Communication: Strong decision making and communication skills
Accountability: Formulates effective and progressive strategies aligned with University mission and values
Respect: Creates an engaging, collaborative class room environment by bringing diverse students and ideas together.
Entrepreneurship: Influences and Inspires Physical Requirements
Ability to sit and or stand periodically for long periods. Benefits
- Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Tiffin University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education.
- Some of our key benefits include medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), Supplemental plans, Group Whole Life Insurance, tuition reimbursement, professional development, regular employee appreciation events, and so much more.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our beliefs. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Tiffin University actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: Tiffin University is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for employees, applicant for employment, students or applicant for admission, access to educational opportunities on the basis of race, religion, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, social-economic class, place of business, residence, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any resolution process on campus or within the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or other human rights agencies. Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer