Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for study unit activities in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants is given the highest priority at all times.
- Be current with appropriate emergency certifications and company emergency policy and procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations based upon nursing standards.
- Utilize skills, knowledge, nursing diagnosis, and clinical judgement in order to provide a high standard of care for participants in clinical trials.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills to observe participant general well being and potential adverse events. Documents adverse events and takes appropriate action as needed
- Obtains Informed Consent and continues the ICF process by educating, explaining and informing participants of study procedures.
- Obtains and documents medical history.
- Administers investigational compounds to participants according to the protocol and applicable regulations.
- Performs study-related activities such as vital signs, EKGs, venipuncture.
- Collects and processes biological samples according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Records data obtained according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains an understanding of current regulatory requirements.
- Transcribes source data onto the Case Report Form
- Takes responsibility for quality control of study data.
- Attends all required meetings, as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Maintains skills to perform all study tasks, as required
- Maintains constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
- Handles participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained.
- Ensures that client and participant confidentiality is maintained.
- Responds to client and team queries in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership for the quality and standard of own work.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with current licensure in applicable state.
- CPR/AED certified
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 2-3 years nursing experience
- Cross-trained in other areas or departments
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.