Who we Are
At Parse Biosciences we are passionate about our mission of accelerating progress in human health and scientific research. At the core of our company is the Evercode technology - our pioneering approach for single-cell sequencing through split-pool combinatorial barcoding. Single-cell sequencing has already enabled groundbreaking discoveries which have led to new understandings of cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system. At Parse, we are providing researchers with the ability to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease.
The Lab Automation Engineer
will directly contribute to the growth and success of Parse by focusing on designing and implementing creative automated solutions. As part of a growing start-up, top candidates will have the ability to design and build fully walk-a-way automation solutions that are robust and scalable. The ideal candidate can quickly identify system limitations and leverage existing technologies to engineer solutions for risk mitigations.
In this Position, you will
- Design and implement automated workflows using automated tools (such as automated liquid handlers, robotic arms, thermal cyclers, centrifuges, etc.) to automate single-cell sequencing workflows
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, Quality Control, Software, and Production to automate, streamline, and improve Parse's laboratory processes
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ on automated devices and processes
- Monitor, identify, propose, and execute corrective and preventative actions
- Explore, adapt, and/or build tools to further improve quality, robustness, and scalability of automated systems
For this Position, We look for
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science; preferably biology, chemistry, or related field
- 1+ years of experience designing and implementing laboratory workflows using automated liquid handlers such as Hamilton Star/Vantage, Tecan Evo/Fluent, etc.
- Experience with system integrations (GBG, Cellario, LIMS, etc.)
- Creativity and resourcefulness at finding unique solutions to complex problems
For this Position, WE value
- Knowledge of C#, Python, or similar programming languages
- Experience with CAD software such as Solidworks
- Knowledge of single cell sequencing or NGS workflow
- Understanding of GLP
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.