to organize and coordinate care of patients on clinical research protocols in Comprehensive Cancer Center to include evaluation of patient eligibility and registration of out/in patients, monitors care and ensures proper follow up.Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patient response and complications
- Develops and revises patient care orders
- Educates and directs protocol compliance with physicians and staff nurses
- Assists in developing tools to meet requirements of new protocols
- Manages protocols with increased clinical complexities including translational investigator-initiated research as well as multi center trials
- Collects and enters data for all patients enrolled on protocol
- Participates in analyzing research data
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Communicates with outside federal or industry sponsors regarding protocol and patient status
- Assesses patient reaction to any modifications or treatment that are part of the protocol
- Acts as a patient advocate by providing education to and responding to questions from patients about protocols
- Works with patients to ensure adherence with the protocol; serves as clinical resource for other CTO disease team members
Bachelor's degree in nursing, allied medical professions or other health care field required or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Current State of Ohio nursing license or other relevant board or interim permit required in appropriate field; clinical research certification from SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) or ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) preferred; considerable experience in a clinical research capacity conducting clinical research trials preferred; considerable experience in providing direct patient care; computer literacy required; requires successful completion of a background check; selected candidate may be asked to complete pre-employment physical including a drug screen.Salary range for this position:
$66,900 - $83,600 annually.
The OSUCCC James is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nations largest public universities.