Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs/Chief Academic Officer (CAO)
The General Education Adjunct Instructor assists in curriculum planning, including planning, developing and implementing curriculum additions, deletions, and revisions for assigned course(s).
This position requires the instructor to teach in-person introductory physics and/or chemistry courses. All courses/sections are scheduled during the day. There are no evening, weekend or virtual courses.
Teaching for physics begins in Fall 2022. Chemistry begins in Spring 2023.Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- Provide instruction and develop student skills for assigned courses. Place all required information on the College's Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas.
- Supervise student involvement in practical work assignments and projects while assisting individual students with classroom assignments and skill development to encourage successful attainment of program standards.
- Regularly and consistently monitor and record student performance in classroom and/or lab settings by means of standard instruments of evaluation and submit grades to the Registrar as required for assigned course.
- Actively participate in and support college-wide assessment and evaluation efforts, especially related to science.
- Implement academic policies, such as those relating to grading, academic probation, course failure, and course failure compensation.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the logistics for program functions, including: instruction equipment and supplies; field trips; off-campus appointments; special presentations to the students.
- Maintain effective communication and close cooperation with the Chief Academic Officer and other faculty/staff to effectively attain the overall educational objectives of the program.
- When possible, participate in professional development activities, as outlined in the Faculty Professional Development Plan.
- Attend and participate in scheduled In-Service Training Sessions.
- Support student compliance with Williamson's Conduct Code, including regulations regarding attendance, dress and grooming, drug and alcohol abuse, fire and safety, and those general regulations that embody the ideals of gentlemanly behavior.
- Follow policies and procedures described in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist students in adjusting to established disciplinary standards and in internalizing the vital moral, ethical, and spiritual values of Williamson, with special emphasis on developing a positive work ethic.
- Perform other duties as may occasionally be assigned by the Chief Academic Officer or the President.
- Education: Master's degree in a related field
- The Science Adjunct must be able to show a command of relevant theory and practice, contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in the discipline.
- Some teaching experience is desirable.
- Teach assigned classes as scheduled.
- This position requires the instructor to teach in-person introductory physics and/or chemistry courses. All courses/sections are scheduled during the day. There are no evening, weekend or virtual courses.
Supervisory ResponsibilityOther Duties
- Physical demands of the position require standing on your feet for extended periods of time to teach in the classroom.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Application ProcedureEmail
cover letter that details credentials, teaching experience and interest in Williamson, resume, and contact information for three references.