Please note it is your responsibility to notify your manager if you are interested in applying to an open position prior to the interview taking place. Please refer to your local policy for more information and guidelines. Job Purpose
This newly created role represents a great opportunity to join the Portfolio, Technology & Delivery group, within the Medicine Development & Supply (MDS) organization responsible for driving delivery of transformative projects in a change management, business analysis, and/or project management context.
The Primary Purpose of the role is to support the CMC organization capability projects. This includes the creation of work packages, strategy development, and implementation plans to deliver against the R&D priorities and CMC objectives.
The projects may compromise a diagnostic, design, implementation and embedding phase. Additionally, a project may include a diagnostic or development of a proposal(s) with multiple options.
The optimal candidate will be self-motivated, hardworking with a strong problem solving, Project Management capability, and Change Management experience.In this role you will…
Why you? Basic Qualifications
- Lead CMC change projects with high degree of complexity, ambiguity, and novelty in approach.
- Translate objectives for CMC programs to clear deliverables, work packages, resourcing, and meetings.
- Create and execute complex Change Management plans with stakeholders to manage impacts, issues and risks associated with the change. This may include preparing, delivering change management, communication, and training plans to support deployment of CMC capability builds.
- Serve as Project Manager across lifecycle of project(s).
- Undertake business benefit analyses including Return-on-Investment (ROI).
- Lead change management: enable delivery through target setting, planning, tracking, and reporting and apply continuous improvement thinking.
- Ensure business benefits of CMC capability programs and change initiatives are well characterized, quantified, and incorporated into delivery plans of project teams including ensuring alignment from project conception through to industrialization.
- Oversee and undertake analyses required to identify proposals or projects that resolve key business problems, including resource optimization with changing portfolio needs and cross-CMC improvement programs.
- Independently perform diagnostic/analysis of CMC focused problems and articulate multiple options to drive clear recommendations with a well-articulated rationale
- Manage functional meetings toward actionable outcomes and resolution.
- Utilize specialist knowledge in GSK and Industry change management theories, practices, tools, and processes
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or business
- 5+ years' experience leading projects in a matrix context with multiple stakeholders at different organizational levels; experience in technical CMC or non-clinical safety/disposition
- Leadership and ability to lead and drive change, matrix leadership with proven examples and presentations
- Critical mindset to identify ways to improve processes, and comfortable challenging status quo, developing data analysis and visualization to gain business insights and Strong business acumen with (Presentation Examples)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree (Masters, PhD, MBA)
- PRINCE 2 or PMP Certification
- PROSCI Certification
- SAFe AGILE Certification
- Excellent communication skills, ideally in writing and verbally.
- Proven ability to deliver key communications with clarity, impact, and passion.
- Proven ability to foster strong matrix working both within the MDS matrix team and as part of cross-functional teams ensuring AD matrix team input is sought on strategic decisions and recommendations
- Ability to lead through change
- Able to implement plans and hold self and team accountable for delivery of short- and medium-term goals
We're combining the power of genetic and genomic insights into what causes disease, with the speed and scale of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to make better predictions about who a treatment might work for, and why. We believe this powerful combination of data and technology holds the key to fundamentally transforming medical discovery for the better, improving R&D success rates and shaping how even the most challenging diseases, like neurological conditions and cancer, can be both prevented and treated.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude, our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.