AS AN EMPLOYEE OF VIIV HEALTHCARE, YOU ARE ALSO A GSK EMPLOYEE RECEIVING 100% OF THEIR ROBUST TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS Hybrid Role, Candidates MUST reside in PA/NJ/NY/MD and posses recent HIV CLINICAL experience to be consideredTerritories:
Philadelphia-based, including Eastern PA and South Jersey Company Overview
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV Healthcare is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. ViiV Healthcare isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV Healthcare, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities. Position Overview -
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
you are the scientific expert for HIV treatment and prevention in the assigned geography to conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts. This role will allow you to provide appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of internal stakeholders and adhering to all policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical information You will also gain valuable insight and feedback from the healthcare community on ViiV products and services, identify knowledge and data gaps which can help guide research, development, and service provision to benefit ViiV's customers and patients . This position will allow you to work collaboratively, and to provide regional scientific support for the commercial organization.Key Responsibilities
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Work within the Medical Affairs organization to identifyandcontinuallyevaluate potential External Experts in their assigned geographic regionsand design a plan to provide support to these External Experts
- Be the scientific expert for HIV treatment and prevention in the assigned geography in order to conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts.
- Respond to unsolicited information requests from healthcare professionals and associated individuals regarding licensed or un-licensed ViiV medicines and indications; ensure all medical information responses are factual, fair and balanced, scientifically rigorous and strictly comply with GSK/ViiV standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
- Disseminate important safety information to healthcare professionals as directed by the Medical Affairs or Research and Development teams
- Deliver Non-Promotional presentations on ViiV medicines/pipeline to HCPs per documented unsolicited request
- Maintain expertise in the evolving HIV landscape.
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to ViiV
- Support clinical development activitiesincluding ViiV sponsored clinical trials, investigator sponsored studies (ISS) and real-world evidence/health outcomes projects. Identify research sites within region for consideration in future research activities. Collaborate with Clinical Operations to improve site engagement and performance.
- Provideinsights into ViiV's research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific and clinical research projects.
- Serve as the Study Accountable Person to ensure study progress from study initiation to publication for Investigator sponsored research.
- MayFacilitate, present at, or otherwise participate in VHL sponsored Advisory Boards.
- Provide scientific training for ViiV sales representatives regarding ViiV products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials. Provide training to individual HCPs to prepare them to speak on behalf of ViiV, and assist with ViiV-sponsored speaker training events.
- Serve as faculty with external speakers for promotional programs across the ViiV portfolio of products
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Preferred Qualifications :
- Doctorate level scientific/clinical/healthcare related degree required
- Recent Clinical experience in HIVand possesses applied knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans
- Experience presentingin both one-on-one and group settings
- Valid Driver's License
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why VIIV Healthcare?
- MD, PharmD degree, preferred
- Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/or indirect decision-making authority for patient care was demonstrated(e.g. direct patient care, treatment protocol development, drug therapy guidelines development, traditional clinical pharmacy practice settings)
- Proven ability to perform both independently and as a member of a team Displays Business acumen including problem solving, active listening, and independent decision making
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At ViiV, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
ViiV has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiV shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.