Are you interested in developing, integrating, and implementing innovative biomarker strategies for Oncology Cell and Gene Therapy clinical development programs, including validation and integration of biomarker assays into clinical trials? If so, the Associate Director, Clinical Biomarkers Cell and Gene Therapy role within Experimental Medicine Unit (EMU) could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU
the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.These responsibilities include some of the following :
Why You? Basic Qualifications:
- Lead and/or contribute to clinical asset biomarker strategy within early and late stage clinical development programs in Cell and Gene Therapy to generate data that informs on target engagement. pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action and patient selection.
- Represent EMU Biomarker team at Clinical Matric Teams (CMT) and clinical trial study teams (ST). As part of the CMT and clinical ST, establishing clear decision-making criteria to enable biomarker-informed clinical decisions.
- Develop and implement novel biomarker assays
- Provide input to clinical teams on biomarker-related elements of clinical protocols, lab manuals and consent forms.
- Provide scientific expertise and technical guidance to enable timely biomarker sample collection.
- Execute sample testing plan and deliver high quality biomarker data packages to inform clinical development and regulatory strategy.
- Point contact for resolving study biomarker issues.
- Collaborate with clinical operations and sample management to ensure biomarker testing and data generation
- Align with the companion diagnostics team to deliver novel precision medicine approaches to select patients for treatment.
- Collaborate with Research groups within the Oncology therapeutic area, as well as Clinical Safety and Clinical Pharmacology groups
- Serve as a point of contact for external vendors and collaborators in support of data generation
- Provide frequent project status updates related to biomarker deliverables
- Ph.D. or equivalent with minimum of 2 years or MA/MS with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry setting in the application of biomarkers in clinical trials preferably in Oncology and Cell Therapy
- One or more years experience in conducting biomarker analyses on various clinical sample types and working as part of a clinical study team
- One or more years experience working in matrixed, multidisciplinary teams
- One more years experience working in a matrixed tream environment.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? *LI-GSK
- Deep understanding and experience working in the Cell Therapy field and engineered T -cells (TCR-T/ CAR-T cells)
- Experience in high-impact contributions to biomarker discovery and/or assay development
- Experience in Correlative Science
- Deep knowledge of immuno-oncology biology, biomarker strategies and application to clinical trials
- Experience in managing research collaborations, contract laboratories and budgets
- Demonstrated scientific capability as evidenced by publications, research reports, and external presentations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the corporation
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects as the portfolio evolves over time.
- Up to date knowledge and deep understanding of major molecular and genomic assay technologies and platforms
- Knowledge and track-record of working to GCP principles
- Having a strong sense of urgency and excellent skills in prioritization, planning as well as timely execution in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a matrix environment
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.