Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The qualified candidate will join us in building capabilities to lead the industry in the advancement of novel products to the market through innovation and analytical testing. Working within a team setting, the qualified candidate will contribute to the development of gene therapies , vaccines, and therapeutic proteins with emphasis on nucleic acid analytical techniques (agarose gel electrophoresis, Sanger sequencing, short/long read next generation sequencing) and general molecular biology lab techniques. This group performs testing in both the R&D and/or regulated settings in support of clinical drug candidates. The group is responsible for method development, transfer, verification, and qualification in support of process and formulation development for biological molecules.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing, troubleshooting, and utilizing analytical methodologies to support process development of biotherapeutics, vaccines and oligonucleotides. The individual is responsible for becoming proficient in nucleic-acid based techniques, such as Sanger sequencing and next generation sequencing (NGS). The colleague must work within corporate guidelines and must appropriately record, archive, and report all data. The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required. Documentation of analytical results in technical reports is required.How You Will Achieve It
- Adhere to the highest quality standards and appropriate safety practices in the workplace.
- Complete all Good Laboratory Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, and safety training in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace.
- Become proficient in nucleic acid preparation and sequencing techniques and other relevant analytical methods (HPLC, electrophoresis, spectroscopy) as needed
- Perform various experiments for analytical method development/qualification and characterization for biological therapeutics
- Independently analyze and provide conclusions regarding experimental data generated
- Document analytical results in regulated systems and technical reports demonstrating attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, matrixed environment.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience and BS in biochemistry, biology, genetics, genomics, molecular biology, microbiology, chemistry or related field or 0-2 years of relevant experience and MS in biochemistry, biology, genetics, genomics, molecular biology, microbiology, chemistry or related field
- Proven record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment and effective communication to project teams
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in molecular biology, particularly in the handling and analysis of nucleic acids
- Experience with nucleic acid sequencing techniques (Sanger, Illumina, PacBio, Oxford Nanopore) and library preparation
- Experience with aseptic technique and performing sample preparations in biological safety cabinets
- Experience with DNA/RNA handling, extractions and purifications
- Experience with DNA/RNA quantitation (Qubit, qPCR, Tapestation, Fragment Analyzer)
- Experience with method qualifications and validations
- Experience with AAV gene therapy vectors or plasmids
- Experience operating and/or programming automated liquid handlers
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools used for the analysis of sequencing data (Illumina SAV, Geneious, IGV, etc.)
- Ability to follow established procedures under minimal supervision
- Experience with laboratory data systems such as Electronic Laboratory Notebook (eLN) and Laboratory Information Managements Systems (LIMS)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires occasional light lifting and periods of standing, sitting or walking.
Other Job Detail
- Standard M-F, 1st shift work schedule, may occasionally require travel
- Work Location Assignment:colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: September 21st, 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development