Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's Worldwide Medical and Safety colleagues play a key role in connecting evidenced based, medical decision support with colleagues and stakeholders to enable better health and treatment outcomes. Whether you are creating framework necessary to ensure our evidence is scientifically sound, providing unbiased, medically necessary expertise or investigating how to close gaps in data, our mission is simple. Empower healthcare decisions regarding the safe and appropriate use of medicines for patients. What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer, we are looking to significantly transform our ability to understand diseases across all stages of drug development and help accelerate our ability to bring breakthroughs that impact patients' lives. In your role, you will be joining a team which conducts Pfizer's epidemiology research and the treatment of investigational new drugs observational safety studies of marketed products, general epidemiologic studies and protocols.
Your leadership skills and innovative ideas with drive the growth of the Epidemiology team at Pfizer. As an advisor and an expert, you will be able to build and leverage constructive relationships across the organi z ation to achieve your division's goals and objectives. You will be entrusted with developing Pfizer's strategies for a portfolio of products and projects.
Through your expertise and extensive knowledge, you will be able to foster a culture that promotes innovation and thrives on doing better for patients and healthcare. How You Will Achieve It
- Develop innovative and original ideas and leads Global Business Unit/Global Operating Unit projects.
- Provide critical assessment of epidemiological data and literature.
- Design and implement database, de novo, or hybrid design studies intended to quantify risks potentially associated with Pfizer products or to assess the effectiveness of risk mitigation activities .
- Complete post-approval safety studies required as a condition for product approval or to investigate signals arising post-approval .
- Design and implement other epidemiology strategies to investigate safety signals arising post-approval, such as critical review of publication on Pfizer products and real world data queries .
- Interact with regulatory agencies on safety epidemiologic issues as needed, via written and/or verbal communications .
- Consult on safety-related issues in pre-approval research strategies, such as defining safety endpoints in standing cohorts .
- Contribute to the continuing education of relevant line functions on the use of pharmacoepidemiology methods and study designs .
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans to educate Pfizer stakeholders of the value, opportunities, data, methods, analytics and processes to implement alternative pathways and studies .
- Develop new capabilities and products to bring better understanding of disease to drug research and development pathways .
- Understand regulatory grade real world data landscape to provide tailored data for studies.
- Lead and support meetings and engagements with industry, academic organizations and registries .
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and 1 4 + years of experience.
- In-depth understanding of and expertise in epidemiologic methods, including observational and experimental study designs and analysis and appropriate sample size calculation methodology .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with internal stakeholders and shared services customers .
- Writing skills related to epidemiological sections of scientific documents such as research summaries, publications, grant proposals, risk management plans, etc.
- Master's degree (MA/MS/MBA) and 12+ years of experience.
- Doctorate degree (PhD/PharmD/JD) and 9+ years of experience.
- DVM and 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with rapid real world data analytical platforms.
- Experience working with real world data (RWD), including: Electronic Medical Record (EMR), claims, genomic and surveys.
- Understanding of public and private epidemiologic or real - world data resources and databases .
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.Last Day to Apply: September 29, 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.