Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
An essential component of Pfizer, our Pharmaceutical Sciences function supports Pfizer's early to late-stage portfolio translating new chemical entities into commercial drug products. In your role as a member of the Pharmaceutical Sciences team, you will work in a team which integrates Chemistry and Manufacturing and Controls capabilities - work that encompasses state of the art active pharmaceutical ingredient synthesis and drug product design, as well as a cGMP manufacturing and clinical trials supply chain.
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will be forecasting and planning resource requirements for your project team. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical and functional knowledge to design experiments and independently completes work within own work group/ project team, working on multiple subprojects in parallel.
- Act as a technical and scientific resource within own project team/ discipline.
- Design and undertake high quality scientific experimentation to further the formulation and process development of dosage forms for novel drug candidates or product enhancement projects, which may include formulation, characterization and biopharmaceutics assessment to derive appropriate data.
- Define processes for manufacture of clinical supplies and commercial drug product based on development and application of advanced process understanding and provide scientific/technical support to colleagues in GMP manufacturing facilities where appropriate.
- Contribute to the drafting of the relevant sections of the Quality modules of regulatory documentation.
- Interpret scientific data to derive clear conclusions and provide direction for future work. Provide technical support to the Pharmaceutical Sciences multidisciplinary team to facilitate and influence the development of quality drug products.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary in-depth understanding of the science, technology and regulation of parenteral pharmaceutical dosage forms and apply this knowledge to development of assigned drug candidates.
- Provide accurate written documentation of all lab work; including detailed observations and conclusions in accordance with establish SOPs and departmental guidelines.
- Innovate to develop novel methods for the characterization of the structure of drug materials.
- Bachelor ' s Degree (BA/BS) and9+ years of experience .
- Experience in designing and developing pharmaceutically relevant dosage forms, including but not limited to solid orals, sterile injectables, topicals, etc .
- Good organizational skills, the ability to work independently and excellent oral and written communication skills .
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, collaborate and influence at all levels within the organization .
- Demonstrated experience in leading the conversation on scientific work with a track record of delivering results on-time of unquestionable quality.
- Ingenuity to challenge the status quo and tackle obstacles with creative solutions
- Capable of independent work but able to work collaboratively to advance the science of those around
- Master ' s degree (MA/MS) and 7+ years of experience .
- Doctoral Degree ( PhD /PharmD) .
- Experience with using contemporary computational approaches .
- Experience in using digital tools to advance work.
At times, role will require work in a laboratory or pilot plant environment in the presence of chemicals. Use of appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) is required. Occasional work within a potent compound laboratory - using isolator or other safety technology will also be
necessary.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to participate in occasional video/teleconferences outside normal work hours in support of global projects/initiatives
- Domestic and International travel may be required. Although travel should not exceed 5-10% on average, more frequent travel may be required at times.
- Relocation support available
- Eligible for employee Referral
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last date to apply: October 4 ,2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development