Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of biologics and vaccines to determine product quality and characteristics and support development of the manufacturing process and product structure and function. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- The candidate is responsible for development, qualification and testing of PCR- based assays (qPCR and ddPCR), immunoassays and/or cell-based assays and their associated critical reagents in a GMP environment in support of programs and investigations.
- The candidate is expected to document and report lab work according to GMP practices
- The candidate must be able to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams
- The candidate is expected to tabulate data, provide data interpretation to their teams and to their customers
- The candidate is expected to perform method development, qualification, validation and transfer in a GMP environment. Candidate is able to leverage knowledge to increase productivity / breadth/ depth and to troubleshoot technical problems
- Trains others, applies knowledge and skills with minimal supervision
- The candidate is expected to have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and collaborate with other team members. • Work closely with analytical experts and project teams to provide timely support for process and product development in the form of quality data which can be used in support of regulatory documentation of investigational new drug and biologic license applications.
- Assist in the maintenance and renewal of laboratory instruments, systems or apparatus, and in the maintenance and continuous improvement of safe and effective working practices.
- Independently carry out all aspects of practical work necessary to provide right first-time results.
- Bachelor's Degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology, biotechnology or related field with 3+ years of experience with developing cell-based, qPCR/ddPCR-based assays, and/or immunoassays and their associated critical reagents or Master's degree with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with laboratory data management systems
- Experience in Flow Cytometry
- Proven record of delivering results in a fast paced, collaborative environment and effective communication in written form and verbally to project teams
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to extract relevant information from scientific literature, accurately record observations, facts, data and conclusions during experimental work or Good Manufacturing Practices (also cGMP) investigations
- Experience in primer-probe design, sequence homology determination, exposure to nucleic acid sequencing (e.g. NGS, Sanger)
- Experience with assay qualification, validation and/or transfer
- Experience in GxP (GLP, GMP) environment and implementation of continuous improvement practices
- Desire to develop their own technical skill set is essential
Position requires occasional light lifting and periods of standing, sitting or walking. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Other Job Details
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 3rd 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development