Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that allows you to leverage your technical expertise to accelerate delivery in medicine to patients? If so, this role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
The individual in this role will be responsible for defining a nd delivering a US M edicine Design (MD) automation strategy . They will l ead the team of embedded engineers to maintain automation platforms and maximis e their value to Medicine Design teams in the US, primarily Upper Providence. The role will be 50% lab based, with the individual providing automation expertise and resource to industrialise new systems and deploy capability enhancements to already embedded platforms. T his role will provide significant efficiencies in the automated workflows ensuring faster return on investment on system spend. They will ensure that end users are appropriately upskilled and ready to take over the daily running of the systems, while providing ongoing technical support as required.
The individual in this role will be the focal point for automation expertise in Medicine Design US with the remit to accelerate cycle times and increase success rates from target to candidate medicine.
The y will work with key business partners to under stand their challenges and propose more efficient ways of working by exploiting automation. In doing so the individual will enable other MD scientists to be increasing ly employed on tasks demanding their scientific knowledge and skills and with less time spen t performing routine and repetitive operations .
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Drive US automation strategy, scope, design, implementation and support for Med Design
- Provide automation support and expertise for MD US
- Lead matrix team of ~4 embedded engineers and application specialists
- Author standalone and integrated liquid handler methods.
- Be responsible for embedding new automation systems into MD workflows, liaising with system owners and users to ensure knowledge transfer and upskilling.
- I n partnership with embedded engineer t eam, p ropose lifecycle management programme for large automation systems to ensure alignment for updates, maintenance and obsolescence.
- Provide technical expertise to system owners and users to enable development of new processes on previously embedded systems.
- Develop and grow a matrix group of automation experts delivering training and support and building automation expertise across MD US
- Selecting & building relationships with external vendors to deliver fit for purpose automation
- Work with Med Design and GSK enterprise groups to integrate automated data flows into core business systems
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in an Life Sciences , Chemistry or Engineering related subject
- >3 years e xperience using automated laboratory equipment ( e.g Tecan, Hamilton, HiRes , ThermoFisher or equivalent platforms) to deliver laboratory processes
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- E xperience writing automation scripts , for example Tecan Evoware , Fluent scripting .
- Experience of working on a project to design , install and deploy integrated automation system s to deliver lab processes
- Experience developing project plans
- Team/Matrix/Project Leader experience
- Experience of setting vision team /project strategy
- Leadership/People Management experience
- Experience of developing and optimizing complex protocols on liquid handling automation
- E xperience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.