Are you interested in assisting in the design and development of analytical methods to support product and process development? If so, this Scientist in Analytical Research and Development could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Scientist, you will be responsible for participating in the development of analytical methods in the bioassay area to support process development, manufacture, and product understanding of new candidate mRNA or protein vaccines .
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Immunol and Cell-based assay development for vaccine lot characterization and release, including assay optimization and qualification for CMC support
- Collaborate with other Technical R&D functional groups, coordinate and perform sample testing to support process development and formulation development
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in a timely manner, document experimental results under GSP (Good Scientific Practice)
- Write and review standard operation protocols, study reports, and relevant sections of regulatory filings
- Design experiment, analyze and interpret data independently, present findings to the department and project teams
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Virology, Cell Biology or related field with minimal 0+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Experiences for cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Basic immunological and molecular biology assay skills: Flow cytometry, ELISA, RNA expression and Immunol staining, etc .
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Thorough knowledge of the molecular pathways involved in the activation of the innate and/or adaptive immune responses
- Proficient in multi-color flow cytometer, such as Symphony, Fortessa, and Canto LSR, et al.
- Skilled in flow cytometry panel design and flow data analysis using FlowJo orrelated software
- Experience with in vitro immune assays with primary cells, such as DC differentiation, T cell activation, B cell activation and innate immune assays
- Experiences in immune assay development using ELISA, AlphaLisa, Gyros, Luminex, Elispot, and High Content Analysis technologies.
- Experiences in Single Cell Analysis technique and data analysis
- Industrial experiences in analytical assay development including assay optimization and qualification
- Problem solving skills, attention to details are required
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a team player in a matrix environment
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
*LI-GSK #VaccinesRD *This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.