Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume and cover letter. You may skip the "Quick Apply" page by simply clicking "Next" at the bottom of the page. When you arrive at the "Experience" page, you may upload all desired documents using the upload box labeled "Resume/CV." This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
If you are a current or prospective student applying for a student employee position, please use your student email address in the email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job title: Adjunct Instructor, Supply Chain Management
Department: Plaster College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Evaluation group: Adjunct Instructor
FLSA status: Exempt
Positions Supervised: N/A
Notice: At this time, we may not be actively recruiting for positions in this/these area(s). Applications submitted will be added to a pool of candidates to be considered for future openings.
An adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching, service, and related administrative activities. This position may also include academic advising, program design, and student mentoring.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
Teaching and Learning
* Focus on the talents, interests, and future of the student by clearly communicating learning goals and how those goals are assessed, teaching course sessions in an organized way, providing time for reflection, discussion, and application of ideas or information and by making learning engaging and interesting.
* Develop adaptive thinking and problem-solving skills by using examples or illustrations to explain difficult points, encourage students to question ideas or information in the subject, adjust instruction if students experience difficulties in learning, help students to understand the language and processes of the subject, and help students to think through and solve problems, either by themselves or together as a group.
* Further lifelong learning by providing useful feedback on tests or completed assignments, using assessment results to provide extra help or extended learning opportunities.
* Establish a positive, productive, and respectful classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
* Hold all classes as scheduled and be punctual in starting and ending classes.
* Enforce/respect university policies, procedures, and rules and inform the appropriate university official of any violations or inappropriate conduct by students that cannot be redressed through normal faculty intervention.
* Distribute the syllabus to each student enrolled in each course taught by the first class meeting.
* Follow the established course schedule, and when needed, provide written notice of any substantial change(s).
* Require use of the course text(s) to an extent that warrants purchase.
* Ensure that students receive reasonable and timely assistance with course assignments/assessments as requested.
* Administer either an exam or other evaluative activity during the scheduled final exam time for every course.
* Determine final grades as per the method prescribed in the syllabus.
* Mentoring, such as promoting volunteer opportunities, conducting research with students, providing curricular enhancements or extensions, tutoring, promoting resume-building initiatives, promoting responsible citizenship inside and outside of the campus, promoting leadership opportunities, connecting students with university resources, helping students to solve problems or adapt their thinking, and promoting healthy and ethical lifestyles.
* Providing an unwavering example of professionalism.
* Complete any other requirements as requested by the dean.
* Engage in scholarly activities and creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the university.
* Supervise laboratories, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships.
* Participate in shared governance assuming positions of responsibility by volunteering for university events and initiatives, participating in co-curricular activities, and recruiting.
* Exhibit interpersonal effectiveness with and respect for students, colleagues, and administrators by acting as a team player and coordinating work behavior with colleagues.
Subject Matter Expertise
* Design, develop, and teach assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars.
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications - Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
* Master's degree required.
* Ideal candidate will have 18 hours of graduate coursework in Supply Chain Management, or related discipline, and relevant industry experience. ASCM/APICS CPIM, CSCP, CTLD or similar certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
* Ability to be organized and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canvas, and CAMS.
Work Environment - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
* General office and/or classroom conditions.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Stamina to teach class as required.
* Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods.
* Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to educational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.