Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
The Viral Vaccines group is seeking a motivated Associate Scientist with a strong foundation and experience in molecular/RNA biology to contribute developing vaccines and improving mRNA vaccine platforms. The incumbent will support DNA synthesis, molecular cloning, recombinant plasmid characterization and cellular assays. Specifically, the individual will focus on lab-based approaches that will lead to production of high-quality scientific data to support vaccine candidate selection. Moreover, large personal and professional growth will be expected in this role. Experimental documentation must be performed in a compliant manner according to relevant SOPs and deadlines.Strong willingness and attitude to be part of a dynamic team is required, as well as a robust work ethic and collaborative spirit.How You Will Achieve It
- Apply biological knowledge and skills to enrich our vaccine platform technology.
- Perform molecular biology techniques that include cloning, sequence analysis and validation, PCR, DNA extractions/preps, agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Perform basic sequence research and manipulation.
- Retrieve and process relevant scientific literature.
- Interpret and summarize experimental data followed by managerial review. Contribute to graphical figures and slides for research meetings.
- Procure laboratory supplies, reagents, and chemicals used to perform necessary assays. Manage and consolidate inventory across multiple lab spaces.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily completes all departmental safety and quality training requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field with 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- Demonstrated scientific knowledge and curiosity in a relevant scientific discipline
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment under aggressive timelines
- Strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Possess troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow established laboratory protocols to perform assigned tasks as well as enthusiasm to develop new assays/techniques
- Ability to work under close supervision with frequent work reviews
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as collaborative and independent function
- Good computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, and relevant scientific software
- Master's degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Previous knowledge and work experience in molecular biology/RNA/virology
- Knowledge of working safely in a BSL2 environment using proper aseptic technique
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel, Or Environment Requirements
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details:
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Relocation support available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development