FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring a Scientist II, R&D. The Scientist II, R&D will be responsible for all activities relating to cell biology research, product development, technical product support, or process improvements. Conducting research under the direction of a senior scientist supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products.
External US Responsibilities:
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements.
- Perform analytical methods and maintain analytical instruments accordingly
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Perform various chemical/biological assays such as cell counting, staining, and imaging
- Characterize exosomes with analytical instrument including but not limited to next generation sequencer and qPCR.
- Perform data analysis and experimental design.
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- BS. in a Biological/Chemical Science or equivalent. M.S preferred
- Minimum 5 year of relevant working experience
- General lab safety.
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent though
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.) and analytical instruments (HPLC, GC, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of project management.
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.