Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
We are looking for a n Associate Scientist who will produce mRNA as part of the strain change effort at Pfizer . This position will be within Early Bioprocess Development, VRD, Pearl River NY. The incumbent will contribute to a program dedicated to the production of RNA for use as a vaccine entity. Major responsibilities of the role are the execution and record-keeping of manufacture of mRNA at the milligram/gram scale. In addition to the chief responsibility of mRNA production, the incumbent would also function in other process and analytical capacities as necessary . A background in molecular biology or biochemistry would be components of a successful candidate's background. How You Will Achieve It
- The incumbent's primary assignment is manufacture mRNA using in vitro transcription (IVT) reactions for production of RNA as drug substance.
- Manufacture will be at milligram/gram scale, and will generally require the use of bioreactor systems
- Execution and relevant production data will be formally recorded in accordance with established recording procedures and systems in a timely and compliant manner
- The incumbent will be expected to perform other activities as necessary, including analysis, formulation, and DNA work
- Fully documents experimentation in laboratory notebooks in a timely and compliant manner.
- Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant
- Bachelor 's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Familiar with the design and execution of enzymatic reactions
- Has a solid grounding in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Ability to work on familiar tasks with limited instruction and supervision
- Ability to learn new techniques
- Collaborates in a team environment
- Compiles and organizes data
- Has experience in preparing and making summary presentations
- Familiar with analytical techniques such as agarose gel electrophoresis, fragment analyzer , and HPLC
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development