Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be focused on developing robust, scalable, and high productivity cell culture processes for the manufacture of biological therapeutics for early- and late-phase clinical programs.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- The incumbent's primary assignment is to assist with the design and optimization of fermentation process.
- The incumbent will assist with screening microbial serotype candidates in high throughput fermentation system
- The incumbent will assist with operation of fermenters at 10L scale and 75L scale, including media preparation, fermenter setup, process monitoring and control, product harvesting, etc.
- The incumbent will also assist in fermentation sample analysis with HPCL, bioanalyzer and other analytical instruments.
- Incumbent will adapt new technologies for the group.
- Analyze fermentation/enzymatic reaction data and presents data summaries to the supervisor and other members of the working team
- Fully documents experimentation in laboratory notebooks in a timely and compliant manner.
- Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant
- BS. degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering , Biotechnology or related discipline with 2-5 years experience
- Familiar with the design and execution of microbial fermentation and/or enzymatic reactions
- Has a solid understanding in Microbiology, Microbial Physiology and Biochemical Engineering.
- Familiar with operation of high throughput bioreactor and benchtop/SIP fermenters.
- Ability to work on familiar tasks with limited instruction and supervision
- Ability to work on complex experiments and multiple experiments with supervision
- Collaborates in a team environment
- Compiles and organizes large set of data using commercial big data analytics tools (e.g. Spotfire, PowerBL, etc.)
- Has experience in preparing and making summary presentations
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with bioreactor/WAVE systems
- Experience with molecular techniques such as quantitative PCR, ELISA, and Western blot analysis
- General knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (part of GxP)/Good Manufacturing Practices (also cGMP) practices
As with fermentation, job functions may fall outside of 9am-5pm workday.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development