At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are looking for someone with proven experience working in scholarly publishing, and a flair for managing relationships with journal editors, authors and other stakeholders in the community. In partnership with a Senior Editor and Associate Editorial Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more highly regarded society-owned journals. You will provide first class support to external Editors and an excellent experience for authors submitting their articles for peer review. This role is integral to driving the growth and reputation of the journals.
Wiley is one of the leading publishers in Chemistry, with extensive experience in developing our journals strategic goals through a combination of subject strength, open access publishing expertise, and customer insight. This is unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative, supportive team strongly aligned with both an innovative society's and Wiley's mission and goals.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- Manage the copy flow of manuscripts submitted to one or more journals to ensure efficient robust peer review.
- Help to build a pipeline of high-quality submissions through the development of Special Issues development and outreach to the research community for targeted invitations.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the journal(s) and ensure workflows are optimized.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators, using this data to both inform and drive journal strategy and to keep key stakeholders such as Editors and the society informed.
- Help to make their title(s) the journal of choice for authors in their fields.
- Have knowledge of the journal peer review process and have already worked within a journal editorial role using an electronic editorial office system, such as ScholarOne Manuscripts.
- Have a strong interest in science and technology, especially in chemistry, biological sciences and technology or related fields and is able to confidently work with scientific content.
- Is highly organized and can manage their own workload to meet deadlines.
- Have familiarity with bibliographic databases such as the Web of Science/Journal Citation Index as well as excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.