The Viral Vaccines department is seeking an energetic graduate with interest in vaccine development. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of protein/RNA candidate viral vaccines by evaluating the immune response. The incumbent will develop and perform various assays to monitor the cellular and antibody immune responses elicited by vaccine candidates. This position will also be responsible for maintaining sample inventory for different studies and preparing samples for testing. Work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP and/or cGMP guidelines where appropriate. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic team and should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform ELISpot/FluoroSpot-based assays to measure cellular (B-cell and T-cell) immune response to vaccine candidates in preclinical and clinical studies.
- Ability to perform flow cytometry and Luminex-based assays to investigate the cellular phenotype and function. Maintain suspension and adherent cell lines by regular passaging and design and execute experiments to address research questions. Independently interpret and summarize experimental data.
- Analyze antibody responses to vaccine candidates using techniques that include (but are not limited to) cell culture, hemagglutination inhibition assays, neutralization assays, ELISAs.
- Analyze, document and report data in accordance with Pfizer/cGLP requirements. In collaboration with manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings. Generate and characterize samples and reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the group with different projects.
- Satisfactorily complete all safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences with 3+ years OR Master's degree in Immunology, with laboratory research experience.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of methods in cellular immunology is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers including Word, Excel, GraphPad Prism, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable.
Other Job Details:
- Basic laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential.
- Ability to work with human/non-human primate (NHP) samples and infectious agents safely.
- The capacity to work effectively in a highly visible research program with time-constrained milestones.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development