The Human Resources Division at Rhodes University strives to create a significant employment experience through insight human connections. The Division is seeking to appoint a Manager HR Equity and Employee Relations and invites suitably qualified candidates to join our vibrant and dynamic team of professionals where you can realise the possibility of being in a unique space where you and your work matters.Purpose
To support the Directorate and Recruitment and Staffing section in the provision of an efficient and effective HR Equity and Employee Relations Service to the Faculties and/or Divisions. The particular focus of this post is to drive effective staff relations where the rights of individual staff, staff collectives and employers are promoted and protected and to ensure the equitable application of HR policies, strategies, programmes, and processes which are compliant with relevant legislation.Requirements
A relevant Bachelors' Degree (preferably with labour law as a major or Human Resources) plus approximately 6 years relevant where such experience includes:
- Previous experience in working in staff relations/industrial relations including working with unions, wage negotiations, dispute resolution, advising managers in dealing with staff problems, advising staff of their rights, handling of grievances and disciplinary cases and representing the University at the CCMA.
- Previous experience working strategically and with at least middle management.
- Previous experience in developing HR structures, systems, and processes to ensure service delivery of a high quality that is valued by others.
- Previous experience in being part of initiatives to introduce new ways of thinking where the individual has worked with individuals to change their current way of thinking and functioning.
Application process: The following documents are required:
- Previous experience as an HR Generalist with exposure to most if not all areas of HR (for example, Recruitment and Selection, HR Administration, Training and Development, Remuneration, Performance Management, HR IT systems and Well-being) will be an advantage.
- An application form (completed electronically)
- A comprehensive CV and relevant qualifications
- A substantial motivation which tells us your interest in the post and suitability in light of the requirements.
It is essential that prospective candidates read the job profile ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted. No written applications will be accepted and failure to submit all documentation will result in an application being disqualified. Selection Process (provisional dates, subject to change):
Short-listing - TBC
Assessment - TBC
Interviews - TBC
An employment checks will be conducted on recommended candidatesRemuneration per annum (Grade 15):
Cost to Company Approximately: R792 152
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. This post is advertised as permanent post, but the University may opt to appoint on a fixed-term contract of not less than three-years. The University reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Please apply online by accessing the Rhodes University Website.
Candidates should note that Rhodes University has introduced a Covid-19 vaccine mandate and that staff members are required to conform to the University's conditions in this regard.Closing Date: 4.30pm on 30th November 2022 If you are not contacted within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note all appointments are made in line with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, the Immigration Act No. 13 of 2022 and the University's recruitment and selection policies. show more...