Looking to make a difference in the world? At Epic Sciences, we are cancer-fighting pioneers, guided by an epic purpose. We are a leading global provider of blood-based information to extend and improve the lives of patients with advanced or high-risk cancer while reducing the cost of care. We constantly strive to push the boundaries of medical technology, finding vital answers to personalize and transform cancer care. Our people are talented, dedicated, passionate about our vision, working in a culture of collaboration. Working (and playing!) as a team empowers us to bring an irrepressible energy to everything we do. Sound exciting? Keep reading!
The Senior Research Associate (Genomics) is responsible for supporting genomic operations in Epic's Genomics' Research and Development laboratory by providing technical and scientific expertise using Epic's CTC Platform, particularly in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) library preparation, sequencing and single CTC isolation identified in cancer patients. A solid understanding of NGS techniques, cell biology, molecular biology and single cell isolation techniques are required as their principle duties include NGS library preparation and sequencing, qPCR, single CTC isolation for genomic profiling and Genomics' assay development. Further, the Senior Research Associate is expected to support the documentation needs of the group such as writing or updating SOPs, and writing protocols and reports.
Education/Experience: A BS/MS in Molecular Biology/Biology/Biochemistry or related field with at least 4-5 years of relevant molecular biology and NGS laboratory experience in a research or clinical laboratory is required; The role requires an understanding of experimental design, data analysis, basic statistical procedures in a biological/clinical setting, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and associated documentation needs under CLIA/CAP Quality control are strongly desired.
Communication Skill : Works effectively with internal audiences with limited direction to analyze, interpret, and summarize data both orally and in writing; ability to write detailed protocols, procedures and SOP's, and draft detailed reports for internal communication of progress and results. Ability to effectively communicate experimental plans to the immediate team and coordinate resources for execution of experiments. Present results in weekly progress meetings.
Interpersonal Skill: Works effectively both as an individual and part of a team.
Judgment: Demonstrates a high level of mastery of several lab procedures; may be responsible for training others. Possesses an intermediate to high level of understanding of experimental design and an intermediate to high level of understanding of data analysis techniques. Performs independent research consistent with rigorous scientific standards. Significant ability to multitask. Able to work with limited supervision.
Execution: Highly efficient at multitasking; able to help the group set priorities to accomplish complex tasks; ability to troubleshoot problems and generate effective solutions.
* Perform NGS library prep, Genomics assay development and sequencing.
* Perform laboratory work for single cell isolation.
* Assist in selecting, developing and optimizing alternative testing procedures with the purpose of improving current protocols and transfer of protocols to the clinical laboratory.
* Provide productive input to increase throughput for NGS genomics assays, single cell isolation and downstream genomic analysis.
* Support Quality associated documentation needs for the group.
May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time.
* Performance Orientation - Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
* Impact Orientation - Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients' lives.
* Competitive - Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the Epic Sciences' goal to be the premier CTC technology in the industry.
* Sense of Urgency - Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company's goals and performance.
* Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity - Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
* Confidence - Confident in one's skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Transition from standing and sitting often.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* General office and laboratory environment. Daily exposure to standard molecular biology reagents and chemicals, PCs and networks.
* Work with microscopic equipment, laboratory equipment.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Epic Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the principle of diversity
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Epic Sciences will require proof of COVID vaccination.