Job DescriptionAbout The Job
Lux Research is seeking a curious, open, and ambitious Research Associate to join our growing team in the energy transition. Our Research Associates develop, manage, and write research analyses that help Lux clients make better decisions about technology and market strategy, partnerships, and investments.
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a global, dynamic team and tackle client challenges at the cutting edge of innovation, technology, and net-zero goals. The successful applicant will cover technologies like carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS, including point source capture and direct air capture [DAC]), carbon credits and offsets, decarbonization of heat, decarbonization of industry, biomass, alternative fuels, the hydrogen economy, and others.
In addition to being a core contributor to critical research, our Research Associates develop expertise in Lux Research's tools and methodologies, gain in-depth understanding on technical advancements and industry business models, advise clients on strategic decisions, and speak at conferences.
Research Associates play a significant role at Lux, directly contributing to client engagement and retention, working alongside subject matter experts across Lux, and building a valuable personal brand in the global energy industry. Responsibilities
- This position is based in Boston, MA; remote work from the east coast U.S. is possible
- Independently manages and executes primary and secondary research, including interviews with startup founders; written reviews of news, technologies, business models, and market trends; and data collection and analysis - technologies include CO2 capture and utilization (CCU), decarbonization of heat, industrial decarbonization, and others
- Manage and produce written research reports
- Directly support and advise multinational innovation clients
- Contribute to bespoke projects, including technology assessments, market assessments, partnership search and selection, and other types of technology strategy work
- Contribute to coverage priorities and setting a research agenda with managers and teammates
- Understand client business needs to develop and deliver high-value research
- Represent Lux as a speaker at conferences
- Work with a geographically diverse team
More About Lux Research
- This is an entry level position: Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant industry experience OR Master's degree in an engineering discipline - preference for chemical or process engineering
- Strong ability to write and speak clearly about technical, business, and strategic topics
- Amazing time and project management skills; ability to organize and work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative; attention to detail, ability to prioritize, problem solve, adapt, and learn are all required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the energy space and technical innovations in decarbonization
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work
- Good sense of humor is a major plus
Our mission is to advise leaders about commercially viable science and technology to enable sustainable innovation. We deliver research and advisory services to inspire, illuminate, and ignite innovation thinking that re-shapes and grows businesses. Our Lux experts focus on finding innovations that are truly disruptive but also realistic and make good business sense.
The "Lux Take" is trusted by innovation leaders who seek our advice before placing a bet on a start-up or partner - our clients rely on our work to make decisions that generate fantastic business outcomes. We pride ourselves on taking a rigorous, scientific approach to avoid the hype and generate unique perspectives and insights that innovation leaders can't live without.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lux Research is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Lux prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lux Research conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR