Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage, and administer all aspects of the Department of Building Construction Science, including curriculum, program development, faculty and student recruitment and retention, human resources, physical resources, and fiscal resources.
• Foster collegiality, build consensus, and articulate and promote the department's goals and interests through both academic and professional venues, associations, and organizations.
• Lead the program Department through continued ACCE accreditation processes. Work with the Office of the Dean, the Office of Research and Economic Development, and the MSU Foundation to increase private and institutional support for research, facilities, scholarships, endowments, and advancement.
• Develop and maintain University and community relationships and outreach.
• Continue individual research/creative achievement at the national and/or international level.
• Duties shall include those outlined in the job description and other such duties, including teaching, as mutually agreed upon with the Dean of the College.
• As an employee of the University, the Department Head is expected to comply with all federal and state laws, all policies of the Board of Trustees, and all University policies.
• The Head of the Department of Building Construction Science reports to and serves at the pleasure of the Dean of the College of Architecture, Art, and Design. This appointment is subject to approval by the University President.
• The successful candidate is expected to begin employment on or before July 1, 2023.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Department Chair, Location: Rockville, MD - 20848 , PL: 553866335