We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include but are not limited to:
* Working mammalian cell culture including handling and maintenance of primary cells.
* Protein gel electrophoresis, transfer, and Western blotting.
* Isolation of DNA, RNA, and protein from mammalian cells and animal tissues.
* PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, DNA cloning and plasmid preparations.
* Perform transfection of mammalian cells with DNA plasmids and RNA molecules.
* Perform basic laboratory maintenance including monitoring the levels of supplies, arranging for equipment repair/calibration, handling received orders.
* Perform lab work and experiments following protocols and instruction.
* Communicate and interact effectively with a diverse laboratory population.
* MD or PhD in a related field is required.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
* Experience in Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assays (ChIP Assays).
* Basic knowledge of statistics, of virology (DNA viruses; herpesviruses), of epigenetics is required.
* Experience working with DNA viruses; Titering, infection of tissue culture cells, fluorescent and confocal microscopy is required.
* Familiarity with protein purification chromatography is required.
* Experience using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Prism, Photoshop is required.
* Familiarity with bioinformatic analyses of RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq data is required.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) were acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.